Posted to waldorf-critics On 2/9/99 by Dan Dugan...
* It clings to rejected knowledge.
(The heart is not a pump, etc.)
* It requires teachers to commit to the world-view for advancement in status.
(college of teachers)
* Its core doctrines are not published.
* It is exclusive.
(Only Anthroposophical knowledge of man leads to right education)
* It guards revelation of "difficult" knowledge.
(Prospective parents won't be told about the role of Lucifer)
* It is a closed system.
(Almost all publications referenced are from Anthroposophical presses and periodicals, all writers refer to Steiner)
* It uses Jargon that redefines common terms.
* It maintains separation from the world by generating fear and loathing.
(Denigrating public schools, "us vs them" attitude, paranoia)
* It suppresses critical dialogue, resulting in elaboration but no
development of theory.
(Consensus government, "like it or leave," Shunning)